Be In Fear of God (Exodus 6-10)

Friday, January 16, 2015

Exodus 6-10 is what I call the climax of the story of Moses was when he approached Pharaoh after talking to God and also what is more focused on the entire time that we look at the bible and realize that there are hidden meanings for the story.

However, I ended up realizing five points that are more focused on the five points of what is going on in the life,
 
1. God gives us the strength to work with us on our weak areas. 

I would remember that I would work on my weak area of being fearless because of course everything scares me. 

On April 27th, 2011, I was in one of a few counties that got hit hard by the tornadoes and I would be pretty much afraid when the next storm hits. Let's just say that sleeping in the same bed with my mother was a hit for me back then. 

However, when I would hear from church and from reading my bible that the Lord would be there protecting me from the storms and other scary stuff, I am not afraid of things anymore. 

2. God would remember each and every one of us.

In Exodus 6, he reminded Moses that he remember the covenant that he made and that he would protect the Israelites. I love that God is saying that he would remember each and every one of us and also what we would need to be protected through the good and bad times. 

3. There would be times that we would give up on God

It would come to no shock that when Pharaoh first said no to the Israelites in Chapter 5 and they would tell Moses that they gave up. However, we should never give up and that we need to find  a way to remember that God is there for us always. 

4. Sometimes even the most difficult people can repent to God. 

Pharaoh was tired from his men being hit by the plagues that God was issuing when he would not let the Israelites go. However, during Exodus 10:17, he mentioned...
"Forgive my sin, just this once, and plead with the Lord your God to take away this death from me."
                                                              Exodus 10:17 NIV

The way Pharaoh was saying that he wants God to forgive his sins meant that he knows what God is saying through these plagues that were attacking the Egyptians. However, sidenote, he still would not let them go.

5. This is a stepping stone as to what is to come soon. 

Everyone knows Exodus and also knows the story of Moses knew that these chapters are what's to come later. I love that God is showing us how he is also using Moses and Aaron for what they could do which is to talk to Pharaoh and plead with him to let their people go. 

That is what I learned from this week and I would start to write daily devotions based on what I written.

Love everyone and have a happy day. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Blogging Through The Bible

Lessons With A Bucket List

Followers

Back to Top